Thursday, November 29, 2012

Don't Be Fooled By New NDAA Detention Amendment

Link to article

So apparently this morning, when I urged all my FB friends to implore their representatives support Feinstein, Paul, and other senators who have introduced amendments "fixing" the detention amendment of last year's NDAA, I spoke too soon.  I don't completely agree with the ACLU's assessment here.  I think the introduced amendments are a step in the right direction.  Of course, we have another case of the Overton Window, though, where we are arguing against Americans being indefinitely detained when we shouldn't even be having a debate over ANYONE being indefinitely detained.

It's this sort of stuff that simultaneously infuriates (discourages) me and motivates me to fight against this system.

No comments:

Post a Comment